As of today, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. It has a vast user base and it’s an excellent platform for advertisers to show off their products to a significantly broad audience. If you are going to use Instagram for marketing your small or large business products, you are going to reap benefits from it. And if you are looking for Instagram marketing ideas to support your small business then this information is for you. Gone are those days when small business entrepreneurs found it difficult to promote their products to the masses.
Unlike big business houses, small business entrepreneur hasn’t have that much revenue to advertise their products in television commercials, YouTube ads, or big hoardings by the roadside. And here comes advertising through platforms like Instagram. It is very feasible for Small businesses to get marketing benefits from Instagram because it’s cheaper and reaches customers as well with not too much hard work. Let’s have a look at the advantages of marketing through Instagram:
Instagram marketing advantages
1. Instagram has almost 1 billion monthly active users. These users are your main target customers who can buy your product or services.
2. Instagram has 500 million daily, active users. You can well estimate how many people are going to see your products and advertisements daily. That’s the magic of digital marketing on platforms like Instagram.
3. Marketers who have already taken advantage of Instagram for small business ideas can attest to more than 7 billion dollars of revenue being generated from Instagram.
4. It is also the home of more than 2 million advertisers. By referring to their advertisement idea you can get your advertisement ideas too.
5. Instagram offers increased conversions. Research indicates that almost one-third of the audience using Instagram has used it to purchase items. It indicates that the more you advertise on Instagram, the higher the chances of your product being sold.
6. Instagram also offers a plethora of targeting options. That’s because Instagram, like Facebook, has access to features like advertising based on age, location, gender, interests, etc.
7. As a platform, Instagram enables you to engage in conversations with your followers and build relationships with them. This is known as brand-follower relationships. Understanding your audience based on engagement will also help you make smart decisions about your content. Once the customers have faith in your products there is no looking back for you.
Instagram Marketing Ideas For Small Businesses
Having an idea of how advantageous marketing through Instagram is now let us discuss five easy Instagram marketing ideas which will be useful for small businesses in 2022.
1. Create an eye-catching Instagram profile and optimize your bio:
Before you get started with Instagram marketing you should create an Instagram business account for yourself. After that, make sure that your profile is optimized for your business and target audience. Your small or big business brand’s Instagram profile should be nothing but about the story of your brand.
Your Instagram bio offers your viewers the first look at your brand. That’s the reason why your bio needs to be captivating, informative, and engaging. Your bio can be used to give a basic idea of your product, what kind of content you plan to post, brand hashtags links to other social media platforms, etc. You should also include a trackable URL to which you want to drive traffic, a link to your brand’s website, or the product page.
2. Create awesome Instagram stories
Stories are a key part of good Instagram marketing ideas. They are active for 24 hours only and thus create curiosity among viewers. Half of the small businesses on Instagram use stories and they are getting good results as well. To create good stories play with the GIFs, add music to your stories, mention people, add hashtags, etc.
Instagram’s new Poll feature can help bend the bridge between you and your audience. Polls and opinions can help you improve your products while making your audience feel directly connected to your business.
3. Make your business easy to find by tagging your location
Your small or large business must be accessible both online and offline. The location tag on Instagram helps you pinpoint your correct address. The location tag lets people know where to find you and brings more exposure by making you easier to find in Instagram searches when people are close by. This creates a sense of faith and trust in your brand.
4. Partner with influencers for a wider reach
If you want to reach potential customers on Instagram the easiest and fastest way to do that is through influencers who have already built an audience with a large following. Many people are buying services or products based on what they see in their Instagram feed from the influencer they know. If you can partner with the right industry influencer, you can get your brand out in front of those users. It works the same way as some big business houses partner with celebrities or cricketers or their brand endorsements.
5. Post at the right times
Did you know that the best time to post on Instagram varies based on your industry or business? Yes, as per the research there is the best time for every Instagram post. In 2022 there will be a focus on what to post and when to post to gain maximum benefits. One of the best ideas is to post during peak days and hours when your followers are online. Here are the best times to post for each industry we analyzed:
- Travel and tourism: Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Media and entertainment: Tuesday and Thursday, 12 to 3 p.m.
- Food and beverage: Friday, noon.
- Retail: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, noon.
- Professional services: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9 or 10 a.m.
- Non-profit: Tuesday, 10 a.m. or 4 p.m.
- Non-retail e-commerce: Thursday, 4 or 9 p.m.
- Pharma and healthcare: Wednesday and Sunday, 9 a.m.
- Personal care: Thursday and Friday, 1, 2, or 3 p.m.
- Technology: Monday and Tuesday, 2 p.m.
- Education: Thursday, 4 or 5 p.m.